Saturday 4 April 2015

Day 12 - Creative Realisation

I realised yesterday something very important. Recently I've been categorising the day's events and tasks into two categories. Work, and time wasting things which I should feel guilty about. How unhealthy is that?

Naturally I'm a very stressed, up-tight, work obsessed worrier, and I often need to remind myself to take a break, that it doesn't really matter and so on. But my life right now is being controlled completely by my work. I'm not going out much because that would be a commitment to not working, which of course is shameful. Instead however, I'm just checking Facebook, which takes me onto Buzzfeed, which takes me onto... I'm sure you're all aware of the depths of social media yourselves, but 2 or 3 hours later there I am having done something which isn't work, yes, but at the same time having done nothing. All of which has led to a very one dimensional existence.

So the change which I'm making going forwards is to do things which I enjoy. Contour fashion was chosen by me as my course because I enjoy it, but being too stressed I seem to have forgotten that. And in between do things which bring me more joy. I'm sure to many of you this sounds obvious, but for me in my permanent state of anxiety it is something which has to be forced. Hopefully after a while it will become second nature and I'll be carpe-ing my dium all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment