Sunday 22 March 2015

Day 1, Re-working The Old, OOTD



Today instead of settling into my ordinary work day routine of staying in my pyjamas as long as is possible, usually until I realise I've run out of milk and have to go to the corner shop, I decided to make the most of the clothes I already own.

The sun is just starting to make an appearance again here in the midlands, and while this outfit may never be seen outside due to my thrilling schedule of work, I see no reason to retract back into comfy winter jumpers and jeans when it's not needed.

I've used a safety pin to clip my kimono together where the neckline of a regular top would fall creating a lightweight shirt. I found my skirt in a my favourite vintage shop, the Covent Garden branch of Rokit, about 2 years ago now in their Rokit Recycled range. It's slightly short at the back but I can get away with it as long as there's not too much wind around.

I love the way the wide shoulders and volume of fabric in this kimono mirror out the shape of the skirt creating an hourglass.





Hair and make up is also something I've let go in the past few months especially. It's become more of a chore than anything else, and while I won't be curling my hair every day (split ends!!), it's nice to make the effort.



Shoes - London Rebel at TK Maxx 
Belt - Topshop (old)
Kimono - Dorothy Perkins (old)




No comments:

Post a Comment