Friday 27 March 2015

Day 5 - Clothing Haul

I don't usually like the term 'haul', to me it gives connotations of unneeded spending, just buying for the sake of it, but on this occasion that's the exact opposite of what I was doing. As I mentioned vaguely in my mission statement I've barely been shopping in over 2 years, and while more and more clothes are making the charity shop pile, nothing is coming in to replace them. So back home in London and armed with some left over student loan (a phrase you don't hear very often), I braved Oxford Street.

As usual I spent a questionable amount of time in Topshop flagship. If you've never visited, it's 5 floors of Topshop/Topman, and on one of the first times I visited I got legitimately lost, accidentally left the store using a tiny side exit and walked off in completely the wrong direction. Now, being a seasoned pro, I managed not to lose my way and left through the main entrance with the most beautiful blue (polyester) suade pleated skirt that makes me immensely happy, alongside a couple of other bits and bobs including the perfect white shirt.






Having spent half of my budget in one store, I decided to do further damage by purchasing a merino wool top in Cos. In my justification it was 30% off and so incredibly soft and bright that I couldn't let it go. The same factors applied to the socks. I rarely purchase anything that's not in a cheap high street store because I usually can't afford it, but the care taken in packaging, the lush carpeting in the changing rooms and the neat civilised store layout is a change I could get used to.

Now, significantly over budget, I decided to tone it down, spending the rest of my time in Forever 21 and Pull & Bear. The dress from F21 is not my style but worn under the blue skirt it looks like a bodysuit and would save some dignity if the skirt were to blow up in the wind. The three tops from Pull & Bear are in a quite thin summery jersey and the perfect length to wear with high waisted jeans, but long enough to tuck into my new skirt, as long as you don't have to reach for something on the top shelf. All in all a successful trip.




In other news, I am now posting the day after as it gives me more time to compile a post, and Amazon has delivered me a memory card!

Topshop
Skirt - here
Socks - pink, black and rust
Top - here
Shirt - here
Book - here
Knickers - maroon and black

COS
Top - here
Socks - here

Forever 21
Dress - here

Pull & Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment